One of the keys to living a healthy, balanced, joyful, abundant and content life is to check in with yourself frequently and make sure that you are grounded. I have listed 7 effective ways to keep yourself grounded that you can use as often as you wish.
When we are grounded, we are able to merge our spiritual self with our physical self. Being grounded essential means you are focused, in the present moment and giving full undivided attention to what is happening in the here and now.
What are some of the signs of being ungrounded?
- You have a hard time focusing and concentrating.
- You are constantly unable to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- You have a hard time remembering details.
- Others are unable to understand you.
- You become clumsier and are bumping into things.
- You have a hard time distinguishing between reality and daydreaming.
7 Effective Ways To Ground Yourself
- Drumming is a quick and easy way to bring you back into your body either by participating in a drum circle, playing a drum for yourself or listen to a drumming cd. The vibration of the drum connects you to the heartbeat of mother earth which will reconnect you to your physical body in a nurturing and healing way.
- The use of essential oils such as; sandalwood, cedarwood, peppermint, patchouli, vetiver and angelica can help you get back into your body and help with staying connected to your physical body.
- Integrate an exercise practice such as yoga, martial arts, running or riding a bicycle.
- Eating foods such as dark chocolate, root vegetables, protein, and nuts help ground us instantly.
- You can clear and balance your root chakra (the area from your hips down to your feet) by visualizing the color red, dancing, and or toning LAM. A strong root chakra keeps us anchored in our body.
- Tree exercises such as hugging a tree or visualizing yourself as a tree with roots that extend from your feet into the earth are excellent.
- Carry with your or wear crystals such as tiger’s eye, garnet, hematite, onyx and or copper.
Although leaving the body can be a blissful spiritual experience, there is a time and place for connecting with our non-physical self. If we are connected to the heavens and the earth at the same time, our lives will flow more smoothly and will be more enjoyable.
Referenced from Laurie Barraco at TheMysticalMoon.com